Thursday, August 01, 2013

Minnie Mouse Bow Belt // Self-alteration to a different style

 Original look of the H&M bow belt (It's still available at ION H&M for SGD5)


Hi guys! I hope your week has been going good so far! =D

So... I love this belt so much that I got 3 of them. Yes, you read it right. THREE. The very first piece was picked up when Jo and I went for lunch together. I picked up another piece for Q (I know her too well. She's eternally grateful I'm not a man. LOL! Private joke.). The first piece was purchased on sale for SGD10 each. Q and I were already very pleased with paying only SGD10 for a bow belt that we have been looking to complete our poofy skirts OOTDs.

As I looked at my new belt and started coming up with outfits, I realized that I wanted 2 different kind of bows. The first would remain the way it looked originally and the second would be a bow just the way I want it. I popped by H&M again with Q and we found the very same belt going for SGD5 now! Score!!!

Let me share with you the 5 minutes procedure I went through to get my belt looking like how it does in the picture below.



Step 1: Slide the middle 'tab' to one side (either left or right does not matter). It is NOT sewn down/ fixed.

Step 2: Lift the topmost 'flap'. The piece that is directly above the diagonal 'flap'. The stitches holding the diagonal 'flap' should be seen as the picture above.

Step 3: Using a fabric scissors or a small pair of scissors, slowly snip away at the stitches holding the diagonal 'flap' down.

Step 4: Continue cutting away the stitches patiently. Slow and steady does it.

Step 5: As you reach the end of the row of stitches, the entire diagonal 'flap' should come off in a whole piece.


Step 6: Push the lifted topmost 'flap' back to it's original position. And slide the middle 'tab' to the other side (If you started by sliding to the left, slide it to the right and vice versa).

The above picture should be how your belt look like thus far.

Step 7: Repeat the same steps from Step 2 to Step 5.

Step 8 and Final Step: Remove the diagonal 'flap' as shown in Step 6, and slide the middle 'tab' back to it's original position. 

There you have it! My oversized, simple and pretty bow belt! =D =D


**For those of you who loved this belt in my Mickey's Girl OOTD, I hope you found this easy tutorial helpful! Special thanks to Q for taking the pictures. =))

No comments: